I hope you are braving the bitter cold in whatever neck of the woods you’re in and cozying in for a well deserved new year. Cheers!
As always, things have been busy over here. Life just goes by at the speed of light and if you don’t sit for a minute, you’ll miss it. That’s one of my intentions this year- not to miss anything.
My oldest is graduating from high school in May and I’m just not ready. I don’t think she is either, honestly.
Intentions. Not resolutions. Intentions.
Do you have any intentions for 2018? Is it cliche to do that every January?
I don’t think so.
It’s a good chance to reconcile where you are with where you want to be.
Where I am:
- Happy. Just really content. Content may be better than happy!
- Healthy. I ran a half marathon back in April (read about that here), am stronger physically than I’ve been in a long time, and started taking new barre classes. I love them. I hate them. I love to hate them, yet I keep. going. back. My rear end is perky and my abs are all “hey girlllll” so yeah, while I’m wincing in pain, there is something gained.
- Continually learning. I decided to go to school to get my MBA last year and so, I finished my first semester and am pumped. Well, I was pumped when finals were over and my projectS were turned in. Notice that capital “S”? Yeah. That school is serious about their MBA projects.
- Older. I think what comes with “older” traditionally is “wiser”. I’d say yes to both. I finally realized that over the past 5 years or so, I just quit caring about insignificant things- head trash- without even trying. I really just had an air of idontgiveashit and really, still don’t. I know people who claim that, but don’t live it, but I am firmly cemented in the fact that there is very little that I actually really care about and that is really satisfying. Freeing.
Where I want to be:
- Happy. Same.
- Healthy. Same. Whatever that looks like and however that comes together. I want to move more, be kind to my body inside and out and enjoy the skin I’m in. *Making a note to write about some seriously amazing finds for your skin!
- Continually learning. Same. I’ll continue on with my MBA courses and try not to get overwhelmed. I also want to read more for pleasure. This is hard, especially while in school and you’re reading for…not pleasure. *Making a note to create a ‘to read’ list.
- Older. God willing, SAME. I love each passing year more and more. I am so thankful for the chance to do it all again.
- Love. I want to love more. Be intentional with who and how I love and focus on those who are deserving. We try to divide our time among so many people but I want to be intentional and make sure the people I love know it. I do most things in a big way, love should be no exception.
- New experiences. I want to travel to a new place or two, take my oldest on an unforgettable trip, and take my youngest daughter to wherever brings her joy. Pretty sure that is DisneyWorld (again) but we shall see.
- Experience the last months of my oldest living at home and seeing her every day. She’s a busy kid but I want to be sure to enjoy our time together and make the most of it.
- Say no. I am a fixer. I’m that friend/family member that you go to when stuff gets hard. Really hard. I can fix it. I have found more people needing fixing (or a fix) popping up and I need to remember I can’t fix everything. It’s impossible. I want to, but I can’t. People have to take responsibility and affect the things they can. It’s hard.
- Say yes. Even when I’m overwhelmed and not sure where I will find the time, I’m going to say YES more often. Yes to new adventures. Yes to friendship. Yes to silliness. Yes to the things that bring me joy. YES.
What are your intentions for 2018?
I hope to be back here more often…..stay tuned!