(Full disclosure: The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a very small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.)
There is no mistaking, I love Target like my 14 year old loves frappuccinos.
I can go in, get everything I need (and approximately $100 of stuff I didn’t really need but- ohmygosh! – it was so cute!) and I save at least 5% every single time.
I don’t pay full price for anything.
I like to print off coupons from Target’s website that are “Target Only”, stack those with manufacturer’s coupons, check for deals on the Cartwheel app AND use my Target REDcard debit card.
Seriously y’all, I’ve saved some major cash over the years.
I recently discovered that Target will give you 5% off the purchase of gift cards for other retail brands (not Visa or Target gift cards). That means we will be buying Disney gift cards for our upcoming trip at 5% off! I’m picking one up every time I shop from now until December, and by the time we are on our way to DisneyWorld, I’ll have a stash ready to spend on food, souvenirs or even tickets to the park! With 10 people going, we can save around $150 on tickets alone.
I know a lot of people don’t want ‘another credit card’, but believe me when I say:
THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT. It doesn’t have to be a credit card! The REDcard debit card gives you just as many perks as a credit card, but doesn’t require a ‘hard pull’ on your credit report (less hard pulls = higher credit score). To register, just input your existing bank routing information & checking account number, just like your bank debit card, and you’re all set! No credit check required. No monthly balance, it just comes straight out of your regular checking account.
Target is able to offer 5% off of your purchases when you use the REDcard debit card because they are not paying Visa or MasterCard a % to process *their* branded debit cards. It’s a win/win for Target and the consumer as they pass the savings onto you.
Some perks available to RedCard holders:
- 5% off purchases every day
- Free shipping at Target.com (no minimum purchase)- this is KEY while Christmas shopping or even if you find something in store you love but your size isn’t in stock. Just order it online and it’s free to ship it to you!
- Extended returns — 30 extra days
- Up to 1% of purchases go to the school of your choice
- The online application process for debit and credit has immediate approval (except for some debit applications that require a few days to confirm a bank account)
- REDcard holders can easily check their debit card transaction history and manage their PIN, check their credit card account balance, make a payment, and review past statements. They also get to enjoy exclusive offers available only to REDcard holders.
Interested in becoming a REDcard holder? Click the link below and you’re on your way!